Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski
Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski has dedicated his life to his work in the medical field and his research to further advance the field of medicine. He opened the Burzynski Clinic in 1977 in Houston, Texas to offer advanced cancer patients the treatment and care that they need.
Outside of his clinical work, a large portion of Dr. Burzynski’s career has been in the field of academia, both as an educator and as a researcher. Throughout his career, Stanislaw Burzynski has been a visiting professor of neuro-oncology at Capital University in Beijing as well as Beijing Tiantan Hospital, and he’s been a visiting professor at Linyi People’s Hospital in China. Additionally, he has been published countless times, contributing content to research papers as well as book chapters on cancer treatment and the science of aging throughout his career.
To aid him in his work, Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski has been awarded research support for his work throughout the years. From 1962 to 1967 he was the Medical Academy Grantee in Lublin Poland, in 1975 the West Foundation Grantee, in 1976 the Baylor College of Medicine Grantee, and the National Cancer Institute Grantee from 1972 to 1977.
He has also acquired a list of collective accolades that is both extensive and incredibly impressive. In 2015, Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski earned the Lifetime Achievement Award from The Truth About Cancer in Nashville, Tennessee, three years after winning the same award from the Academy of Comprehensive Integrative Medicine in Ft. Worth Texas in 2012. He’s also given more than 50 invited lectures since 1988 alone.
Dr. Burzynski looks to influence health care and the field of medicine on a global scale, which is why he has served as Chairman of Scientific Sessions for nearly a dozen international meetings. Beginning in Sydney, Australia in 1987 for the 10th International Congress of Pharmacology, he’s since traveled to Italy, Poland, Switzerland, Germany, Japan, Sweden, and most recently, Barcelona, Spain where he served as Co-Chairman for BIT’s 8th Annual World Congress of NeuroTalk in 2017.
Dr. Burzynski holds dozens of trademarks and patents for his treatments in 45 countries, including China, Austria, Finland, France, India, Germany, New Zealand, Denmark, Canada, Belgium, Greece, United Kingdom, Mexico, Poland, Latvia, Spain, the Netherlands, Russia, Israel and Australia.
On top of his contributions to the field of medical research, Dr. Burzynski also likes to stay on top of the latest developments coming from his fellow researchers, which is why he subscribes to numerous scientific journals to help keep him up-to-date on happenings in the field.
Visiting Professor of Neuro-Oncology
Capital University in Beijing
Beijing, China | 2012 – Present
Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski has served as the visiting professor of neuro-oncology at the Capital University in Beijing, China from 2012 and continues to offer his time and expertise
Linyi People’s Hospital
Linyi City, China | 2012 – Present
From 2012 to the present, Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski has been working as a visiting professor at the Linyi People’s Hospital in Linyi City, China.
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, Texas | 1970 – 1972
From 1970 to 1972, Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski worked at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas, as a research associate.
Scientific & Professional Memberships
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- American Academy of Medical Ethics.
- American Association for Advancement of Science
- American Association for Cancer Research
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists
- American Chemical Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Medical Association
- European Association for Neuro-Oncology
- Harris County Medical Society
- International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry
- New York Academy of Sciences
- Parenteral Drug Association
- Society for Neuro-Oncology
- Society for Neuroscience
- Texas Medical Association
- The Royal Society of Medicine (U.K.)
- The Society of Sigma Xi
- World Medical Association
- World Society of Anti-Aging Medicine
Honors & Awards
Throughout his extensive and monumental career, Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski has earned quite a few awards and honors for his work and his research. Some of these awards are listed below:
- Lifetime Achievement Award from The Truth About Cancer, Nashville, TN, December 2015
- Lifetime Achievement Award from the Academy of Comprehensive Integrative Medicine, Ft. Worth, TX, March, 2012
- The Linus Pauling Award, October, 2008, ACAM
- The Linus Pauling Award, February, 2008, Orthomolecular Health-Medicine
- The Order of Merit of the President of Poland – Officer’s Cross, October, 2004
- Decoration of Polish Medical Association, November, 2001
- The Order of Saint Brigida – Grand Cross with Star, November, 2001
- The Order of Saint Stanislas – Grand Cross with Star, November, 2000
- The Order of Reconciliation – November, 2000
- The Cross Virtus Nobilitat, June, 1999
- The Wisdom Award of Honor, December, 1998
- The Medal of the President of City of Lublin, Poland, December, 1998
- The Order of Saint Stanislas- Commander’s Cross with Star, December, 1997
- The Lady Liberty Award, July, 1997
- The Gold Medal from the American Institute of Polish Culture for outstanding achievements in the field of medicine and discovery of anti-cancer drugs antineoplastons, Miami, FL, February, 1997
- The Medal “Heart for Hearts” for saving human lives, Lublin, Poland, August, 1997
- The Memorial Medal of Zamoyski’s Lyceum in appreciation of outstanding contribution to increase scientific ranking of the school, Lublin, Poland, November, 1997
- The Heritage Award by Polish American Congress in recognition of extraordinary achievement in the research, treatment, and prevention of cancer, Chicago, IL, October, 1993.
- Special Medal from the Polish government’s Institute for Drug Research and Control for achievement in the field of cancer research, Bialvstok, Poland, September, 1989
- Honorable Membership in the Academia del Medeterraneo, Rome, Italy, 1984
- Recipient of commendation for Dedicated Service and for Personal Contribution made in the
- Advancement of Medical Education, Research and Health Care, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, April, 1977
- Recipient of Medical Doctor Diploma with Distinction, Medical Academy, Lublin, Poland, 1967
- Co-winner of the prize for best paper presented at the 7th Conference of Polish Medical Student Research Societies, Poznan, Poland, 1966.
- The Hereditary Title of Count
Medical University of Lublin | Lublin, Poland
M.D., with distinction – 1967
Ph.D., Biochemistry – 1968
Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski earned his Doctor of Medicine with distinction in 1967 from the Medical University of Lublin. He then went on to earn his second degree a year later, his Ph.D. in biochemistry, from the same university.
Baylor College of Medicine | Houston, Texas
EDFMG Certificate – 1971
After immigrating to the United States, Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski attended Baylor College of Medicine, in Houston, Texas, where he earned his certificate from EDFMG, the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, which enabled him to practice medicine in the United States.
The medical science field offers a wide range of occupational options to anyone desiring to obtain a medical degree and become involved in research. Future scientists typically obtain a dual degree that may combine a D.D.S., D.M.D. D.O. or an M.D. degree with a Ph.D....
The medical knowledge that we utilize and benefit from today is the result of research performed by physicians, practitioners, and other medical professionals over many years. Thanks to their relentless quests to unlock mysteries of the human body and diseases, many...
Welcome to Dr. Stanislaw Bursynki's blog about research! Check out the rest of the site for more, and be sure to stop back often for the latest!